Slow cooked chicken casserole
With the first signs of spring upon us, it’s time to get out into the garden at weekends. It’s often still chilly in the evenings though, so this slow cooked chicken casserole is fabulous for those busy outdoor days! It’s easy to throw together before you head outside, and the smell of rosemary and tomatoes (with freshly baked bread) is gloriously welcoming when you come back in.
- Makes: Two helpings
- Time: 7 hours 30 minutes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 250g chicken breast fillets
- 125Ml red wine
- 75g button mushrooms
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3Tbsp tomato puree
- 1tbsp paprika
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1tbsp fresh rosemary
- De-seed the yellow pepper, then roughly chop into bite sized chunks.
- Dice the chicken breast fillets into (approximately 2cm sized chunks.
- Strip the leaves from the fresh rosemary, and tear them into small pieces.
- Put the pepper, chicken and rosemary into a slow cooker, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Make sure the slow cooker lid is firmly in place, then cook for about 7 hours.
- Serve with fresh bread and generous helpings of green vegetables.