Writing on other websites
Here’s some articles I’ve written for other publications and blogs:
- Representative samples for accessibility assessments
- 3 positive habits for creating an accessible website or intranet
- What is an accessibility audit and what does it include?
- WCAG primer
- Web Components and the Accessibility Object Model
- Public Sector Accessibility Regulations
- Tips and tricks for testing with Jaws
- Demystifying ATAG 2.0
- Discover SC 1.3.4 Orientation
- Accessibility statements for public sector organisations
- Identifying Input Purpose WCAG 2.1 SC 1.3.5
- Short note on ARIA support
- Short note on progressive ARIA
- EU Directive on the accessibility of public sector websites and mobile applications
- Results from the main landmark survey
- Short note on aria-label, aria-labelledby and aria-describedby
- What is an accessible name?
- How to create content that works well with screen readers
- What does accessibility supported mean?
- using the fieldset and legend elements
- Using the HTML lang attribute
- Using navigation landmarks
- Does SVG text pass WCAG 1.4.5 (Images of text)?
- Short note on Jaws keyboard layouts
- Accessibility API - A key to web accessibility
- Basic screen reader commands for accessibility testing
- Using aria-describedby to provide helpful form hints
- Using the tabindex attribute
- Tips for creating accessible SVG
- Screen reader support for ARIA live regions
- Using ARIA to enhance SVG accessibility
- Using the HTML5 section element
- Testing and debugging iOS accessibility for VoiceOver
- GOV.UK accessibility: Beyond box ticking
- Accessibility - Where are we now Mr Bowie?
- Accessibility is part of UX (it isn't a swear word)
- Building for inclusion
- The business case for HTML5
- Where you can stick your social networking buttons
- PDF accessibility - A strategy for handling the legacy
- Is there a need for a professional accessibility society?
- Accessibility and the single Government domain
- How to write good link text
- iOS accessibility traits
- How ARIA landmark roles help screen reader users
- VizWiz app review
- How do you detect a screen reader?
- Getting accessibility testing right
- Using HTML lists
- iOS app accessibility
- EU adopts the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- BS8878 Web Accessibility Code of Practice
- How to use HTML headings
- Checking colour contrast
- What are captions?
- eAccessibility Forum meeting
- Every little helps?
- BS8878 Web Accessibility Code of Practice consultation
- What is an accessibility audit?
- What are transcripts?
- What is Audio Description?
- Screen readers and WAI-ARIA landmark roles
- What are WAI-ARIA landmark roles?
- Accessible Twitter - Advancement through technology
- What are web captions?
- TechShare 2009
- Standards.Next - Cognition and accessibility
- Social media and accessibility
- Guide to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- A basic guide to PAS78
- A Christmas tale about accessible shopping
- 5 assistive technologies you should be aware of
- User Experience - A new buzz word or the way forward for web development?
- How to write good alt text
- How to configure Jaws individual voice settings
- How to configure Jaws voice settings
- How to configure Jaws to optimise the UX