The weather is glorious at the moment! It’s perfect for eating al fresco, and this recipe is great for lunch or dinner. Team it up with a crisp white wine, then sit back and enjoy the sunshine.
- 2 helpings.
- 2Tbsp olive oil.
- .25Tsp sea salt.
- .25Tsp black pepper.
- 1 clove of garlic.
- Handful of basil leaves.
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- Zest of 1 lemon.
- 2 chicken breast fillets.
- 140g wholeweat pasta.
- Blend the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil and garlic into a runny mixture.
- Put the chicken breasts into a sealable bag and add about a quarter of the mixture.
- Seal the bag and gently massage the chicken for a couple of minutes so it becomes thoroughly coated, then put the bag in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, drain and return to the saucepan (with a lid) to keep warm.
- Meanwhile pre-heat a griddle pan, remove the chicken from the bag and grill until cooked through (about 5 to 7 minutes on each side).
- Chuck the remaining basil and garlic mixture into the saucepan with the pasta, toss it well and serve with the chicken and an optional green salad.