With a little bit of sunshine and blue sky recently, I’ve been thinking about salads again. Although the evenings are set to get lighter now, there’s still
a chill in the air, so this warm potato and bacon salad does the job beautifully.
- Four helpings.
- 500g jersey potatoes (diced).
- 2tbsp olive oil.
- 6 spring onions, chopped.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- 400g Bacon lardons.
- 200g rocket/watercress salad.
- 3tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- Cook the potato in boiling water for about 10 or 15 minutes (or until the potatoes are soft when prodded with a fork), drain and set aside.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a frying pan, and cook the spring onions and garlic for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the bacon and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the bacon starts to crisp at the edges.
- Chuck in the potato pieces, and toss thoroughly with the mixture in the pan.
- Serve on top of the rocket/watercress salad, and drizzle with the remaining oil and balsamic vinegar.