The fifth in a series of posts that bring together the two sides of my blog: Food and technology. I’ve asked the great and the good from the web standards
community to share their favourite recipes. This tasty fondue recipe is from Dennis Lembree.
- 3 to 5 helpings.
- 1 cup/100g cheddar cheese (grated).
- 2 cups/200g swiss cheese (grated).
- 1 cup/240ml beer (ale is best).
- 1/2 clove of garlic.
- 1tbsp flour.
- French bread (cut into cubes).
- Rub the garlic on the inside of a fondue pot.
- Mix the cheese and flour together in a bag.
- Heat the fondue pot, add the beer and wait until it starts to bubble.
- Slowly add the cheese and flour mixture, stirring continuously until it has all melted, adjusting heat as nescessary.
- Remove from the heat, dip the bread and enjoy.
A simple, fun, and tasty appetizer. My family has used this recipe for almost 30 years! Tip: Strong arms required for all the stirring. Alternatively, just take turns. Goes great with football games!